How do we make decisions?
As an accredited school in Texas, HCA must show due diligence in reviewing and adopting similar safe reopening plans as public schools and non-religious private schools, even if it is not required. Though we cannot prevent every eventuality, we have implemented guidelines and recommendations from the following agencies, where feasible, to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
- CDC and state and local health agencies
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- County and local health department
- State of Texas and Governor’s Executive Orders
- Federal Mandates have not been issued; however, if the President should declare a federal mandate, HCA would honor all requirements.
What is our current plan?
As we enter our 27th year of Kingdom Education, HCA is called to continue providing parents with the choice of an education presented from a biblical worldview. As of today, here is our plan for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- Preschool is open now and will continue on their regular operating schedule.
- Live, in-person school for K-12 begins on August 19th.
- Parents will have the option for their student to start in-person or virtually. The virtual program will be called Continuous Learning.
- Parent-Student Orientation, originally scheduled for August 17th, will now be handled in smaller groups. Parents will be able to sign up for a check-in time on August 17th or 18th to drop off supplies, meet teachers, etc. Most returning secondary students will not need to physically check-in, as schedules will be emailed to them.
- Our athletic conference, TAPPS, has delayed school sports starting until September 8th. Secondary students will receive more detailed information related to practices and the season.
- Attached are the summary guidelines of the HCA 2020-21 Opening Plan.